Arts and crafts for kids - How To Make An Ant FarmYou will need:
- a small, narrow glass jar
- a larger, wide-mouth jar with lid
- can opener
- moist sand
- string or rubber band
1. Put a 1-inch (2.5cm) layer of moist sand in the larger glass jar.
2. Find an ant hill in a dry place where the soil is loose.
Poke the hill with one of the sticks and catch a few ants that come out.
4. Fill the space between the two jars with the moist sand.
Poking the holes requires adult supervision and help.
Their network of passageways will amaze you.
Buy ant farm from Amazon
Explore more: Arts and crafts for kidsVolcano School Project - Arts and crafts for kids...
My Star File - Arts and crafts for kids...
Treasure map for kids - Arts and crafts for kids...
Wacky animal whizzer - Art projects for kids...